Welcome to PyPlanet’s documentation!¶
PyPlanet is a Maniaplanet Dedicated Server Controller that works on Python 3.5 and later. Because Maniaplanet is using an system that can be event based we use AsyncIO to provide a event loop and have simultaneously processing of received events from the dedicated server.
- Core: Super fast and ‘event’ driven based on Python 3.5
- Core: Stable and well designed core and apps system. (Inspired by Django).
- Core: All apps will handle the game experience.
- Core: Adjustable settings for all your apps.
- Core: Supports Trackmania and Shootmania, Scripted only!
- App: Local Records, including widget + list.
- App: Dedimania Records, including widget + list.
- App: Admin Commands, Providing with basic commands and control for maintaining your server.
- App: Karma, Let your players vote on your maps!
- App: Jukebox, Let your players ‘juke’ the next map.
- App: ManiaExchange, Simply add your maps directly from Mania-Exchange.
- App: Players, This app shows messages when players join and leave.
- App: Transactions, Donate planets to the server, show number of planets on server and pay out players.
- App: Live Rankings, Show the live rankings of the game mode. (Trackmania).
- App: Sector Times, Compare your checkpoint time against your local or dedimania record. (Trackmania).
- App: Dynamic Pointlimit, Royal point limit adjustment based on the number of players. (Shootmania Royal).
- App: CP Times, Show the best checkpoint times on top of your screen.
- App: Chat based voting, No more uncontrollable and unfair Call Votes. Use chat based voting.
- App: Vote to extend the TimeAttack limit instead of restarting the map!
- App: Waiting Queue, no more unfair and spamming of the join button.
The code is open source, and available on GitHub.
The main documentation for the site is organized into a couple sections:
Information about development of apps and the core is also available under:
- Getting Started (installation)
- Configuring PyPlanet
- Starting PyPlanet
- Upgrading PyPlanet
- Migrating from old controller
- How To’s and troubleshooting
- Architecture & Design
- App Development
- Signals (callbacks)
- API Documentation