- Bugfix: Fix for Windows users and import error.
Breaking: App context aware signal manager.
This is a deprecation for the property
instance. This means that
self.instance.signal_managerneeds to be replaced by
self.context.signalsto work with the life cycle changes in 0.8.0. More info: https://github.com/PyPlanet/PyPlanet/issues/392
The old way will break your app from version 0.8.0
Feature: Add multiple configuration backends. You can now use JSON or YAML as configuration as well. This is in a beta stage and can still change in upcoming versions. See the documentation for usage.
Feature: Add logging to file option for starting PyPlanet. You can set this up inside of your settings base.py. More information can be found in the documentation for configuring PyPlanet.
Feature: Add detach switch to the PyPlanet starter so it can fork itself to the background and write a PID file. More information can be found in the documentation for starting PyPlanet.
Feature: Add player attributes that can be set by apps for caching or maintaining user settings or data during the session. (Technical)
Feature: Add migration script for eXpansion database. Look at the manual on http://www.pypla.net/en/stable/convert/index.html for more information.
Improvement: Retry 5 times when connecting to the dedicated server, making it possible to start both at the same time.
Improvement: Update library versions.
Improvement: Add minimum required version of the dedicated server to prevent starting PyPlanet for non-supported dedicated versions.
Improvement: Only check for stable new versions. Now check for releases instead of tags on Github.
Improvement: Let the list view skip 10 pages buttons skip to end or begin when less than 10 pages difference. (Thanks @froznsm)
Improvement: Add online players login list in the player_manager. (Technical)
Bugfix: Fixing issue with the release checker.
Bugfix: Fixing the link to the upgrade documentation page (Thanks to @thefifthisa).
Bugfix: Only handle player info change event when this player is still on the server to prevent errors.
Bugfix: Handle exception when the server initiated a callvote (Thanks to @teemann).
Bugfix: Correctly handle None column values when searching and/or sorting generic lists.
Bugfix: Correctly handle non-string column values when searching and/or sorting generic lists.
Bugfix: Refresh and fixed the player and spectator counters.
- NEW: Best CPS Widget for Trackmania, shows the best times per checkpoint above the screen. Add the new app to your apps.py: ‘pyplanet.apps.contrib.best_cps’. More info on the documentation pages of the app. (Big thanks to @froznsm)
- NEW: Clock Widget, shows the local time of the players computer on the PyPlanet logo. Add the new app to your apps.py: ‘pyplanet.apps.contrib.clock’. More info on the documentation pages of the app. (Big thanks to @froznsm)
- NEW: Chat-based Vote App, want to have votes in the chat instead of the callvotes? Enable this app now! Add the new app to your apps.py: ‘pyplanet.apps.contrib.voting’. More info on the documentation pages of the app.
- Feature: Add folders to the /list interface. There are two types of folders, automatic folders based on facts and manual per player/admin folders.
- Feature: Add folders for karma related information when karma app is enabled.
- Feature: Add folder for newest maps (added within 14 days).
- Feature: Add spectator status in the /players list.
- Feature: Add /scoreprogression command to see your current score progressions statistics on the current track.
- Feature: Add team switch commands (//forceteam and //switchteam) to the admin app.
- Feature: Add warning command (//warn) and alert to the admin app to warn players.
- Feature: Add the MX link of the current map to the logo left from the map name.
- Feature: Add setting to directly juke after adding map from MX or local (defaults to on).
- Feature: Add //blacklist and //unblacklist to the admin app.
- Improvement: Applied context aware signal manager everywhere.
- Improvement: Moving logic to view in dedimania app.
- Improvement: Adding the MX link of the map to the icon on the map info widget.
- Improvement: Adding setting to juke map after //add (mx and local) the map. Enabled by default!
- Improvement: Adding help text to jukebox app command.
- Improvement: Remove workaround for the fixed dedicated issue caused problems with the dedimania app.
- Improvement: Only show login in /list for now as it was causing inconsistency.
- Improvement: Check if the player is online before taking admin actions like kicking the player.
- Improvement: Refactor logic of viewing dedimania records to the desired view class. (Technical)
- Improvement: Further investigate dedimania problems for some specific players. Internal cause is known, exact reason not yet, we will further investigate this issue.
- Bugfix: Make sure to skip jukeboxed map when it’s deleted from the server.
- Bugfix: Fix the double live rankings entry when changing nickname.
- Bugfix: Check if we have data to compare before calculating CP difference in the live rankings widget.
- Bugfix: Local record widget display fix when player joined during a very specific time that causes it to not display to the user.
- Feature: Add ManiaControl convert script. See documentation on converting from old controller for instructions.
- Improved: Add documentation on how to convert to the right database collation.
- Bugfix: Fixing issue in the Dymanic Pointlimit app that results in 3 settings having the same key name.
- Feature: Add UAseco convert script. See documentation on converting from old controller for instructions.
- Improved: Updated libraries and dependencies.
- Bugfix: Catch error when server initiated callvote, thanks to @teemann.
- Bugfix: Fix the release/update checker.
- Bugfix: Fix issue with switching to custom script (lower case not found), specially teams mode.
- Improvement: Bump XML-RPC Script API to version 2.2.0.
- Improvement: Show the Round Score build-in ui (nadeo widget) and move it a bit.
- Improvement: Move the build-in warmup ui (nadeo widget) a bit.
- Feature: Add //shuffle and //readmaplist. Both are unsure to work.
- Improvement: Further investigate and report issues related to Dedimania.
- Bugfix: Fixing negative count issue on the info widgets.
- Bugfix: Remove faulty and debug line from dedimania api catch block.
- Bugfix: Properly handle the dedimania response when player is not correct.
- Bugfix: Fixing issues with boolean values and the //modesettings GUI.
- Improvement: Add command ignore and /version improvements.
- Improvement: Disable the live infos in the left upper corner (player join/leave, 1st finish).
- Bugfix: Issue with database collate and utf8mb4, nickname parsing issue has been solved.
- Bugfix: Don’t auto reload and use different environments for the template engine. Should improve performance very much.
- Bugfix: Ignore unknown login at the chat and UI managers.
- Bugfix: Ignore key interrupt exception trace when stopping PyPlanet while it has got a reboot in the mean time.
- Bugfix: Hide the ALT menu in shootmania, just as it should do since before 0.4.0.
- Bugfix: Fixing issue with checking for updates could result in a exception trace in the console for some installations with older setuptools.
- Bugfix: Fixing an issue that results in fetching data for widget several times while it’s not needed (thinking it’s per player data when it isn’t). (Thanks to Chris92)
- Improvement: Make it able to drive dedimania records on short maps made by Nadeo.
- Improvement: Make the improvement time blue like Nadeo also does in the sector times widget.
- Improvement: Always show nickname of the map author and make it switchable by clicking on it.
- Bugfix: Don’t set the time of the spectator as your best time in the sector times widget.
- Bugfix: Problems that could lead to dedimania not being init currently on the map if the map was replayed.
- Bugfix: Hide dedimania if map is not supported.
- Bugfix: Fix the offset issue for the live rankings widget (in TA mode).
- Bugfix: Fix the incorrect number of spec/player count on the top left info widget.
Breaking: Refactored the TemplateView to make it able to use player data way more efficient.
This is a deprecation for the method
get_player_data. From now on, use the
get_all_player_dataor the better
get_per_player_data. More info: pyplanet.views.
The old method will not be called from 0.7.0
Feature: UI Overhaul is done! We replaced the whole GUI for a nicer, simple and modern one! With large inspiration of LongLife’s posted image (https://github.com/PyPlanet/PyPlanet/issues/223).
Feature: UI Update queue, Don’t make the dedicated hot by sending UI updates in realtime, but queue up and sent every 0,25 seconds. (Performance)
Improvement: Removing the fix for symbols in nicknames/chat (fix for the maniaplanet dedicated/client issue earlier).
Improvement: Add analytics.
Improvement: Don’t report several exceptions to Sentry.
Improvement: Remove SQlite references in code and project skeleton.
Improvement: Give error message when loaded script is using old style scripted callbacks.
Improvement: Dynamic future timeouts for script/gbx queries.
Improvement: Add ManiaScript libs includes in core. Will be expanded, open pull requests if needed!
Improvement: Adding two new signals for players when entering spec/player slot.
Bugfix: Adding several investigation points to send more data about problems that occur for some users.
Breaking: Refactor the MapInfo app to Info app. Adding new features: Server and general info on top left corner.
This requires a config change: Change
pyplanet.apps.contrib.infoand you are done!
The old app will be removed in 0.7.0
Feature: New App: Shootmania Royal Dynamic Point Limit is here! Add it with
Feature: New App: Trackmania Checkpoint/Sector time widget is here! Add it with
Feature: Change modesettings directly from the GUI (//modesettings).
Improvement: Apply the new UI Overhaul to all apps.
Improvement: Add message when dedimania records are sent.
Improvement: Improve the dedimania error handling even better.
Improvement: Notice when map is not suited for dedimania records.
Improvement: Several performance improvements on the dedimania and localrecords apps.
Improvement: Add dynamic actions to map list, such as deletion of maps.
Improvement: Modesettings list is ordered by name by default now.
Bugfix: Adding several investigation points to send more data about problems that occur for some users.
Bugfix: Trying to sent dedi records when dedimania isn’t initialized bug is solved.
Bugfix: Prevent double message of dedimania record when switching game modes.
Bugfix: Fixing double local records (or investigate more if it still occurs).
- Bugfix: Ignore errors with unknown login for ui updates. (means the player left).
- Bugfix: Fixing issues with dedimania and unsupported maps.
- Bugfix: Fixing issues with dedimania and replays.
- Bugfix: Fixing issues with local records widget showing the wrong offset.
- Bugfix: Fixing issues with local records and double records.
- Improvement: Some not visible improvements to the local record widget logic.
- Bugfix: Not properly sending and handling mode changes.
- Bugfix: Several errors in handling the callbacks in shootmania
- Bugfix: Fixing issue with removing or erasing maps.
- Improvement: Dedimania now also works in cup mode.
- Feature: Add //replay command for admins, make it able to juke the current map for non-players (ops and admins)
- Improvement: Multiple namespaces per command + improve help.
- Improvement: Hide the alt menu in shootmania when having a window in the middle.
- Improvement: Add method to retrieve map by index.
- Bugfix: Save boolean in the //settings
- Bugfix: Fixing issue with writing the map list.
- Bugfix: Handling of fetching player in a callback for shootmania.
- Bugfix: Several fixes for shootmania modes.
- Improvement: Make dedimania record message shorter.
- Bugfix: Double prefix in leave messages.
- Bugfix: Dedimania nickname fetching gave error. Sometimes the widget didn’t work properly.
- Bugfix: Improve error handling in Dedimania.
- Bugfix: Fixing issue with write map list (admin part of it).
- Bugfix: Don’t display the time of the author when in shootmania
- Feature: Refactor the app config class so you can define apps in __init__.py and use shorter configuration, (backward compatible for current contrib apps).
- Feature: Signals runs with gather mode (parallel) now. Makes this way more faster!
- Feature: Add save hook to setting object.
- Feature: Chat contrib component, for shorter syntax at sending and preparing chat messages.
- Feature: Refactor the GBX component, for shorter syntax at sending and preparing Gbx Methods.
- Feature: Make it able to change the UI Properties from the games
- Feature: Add ‘suggestion or bug’ report button.
- Improvement: Unknown command message.
- Improvement: Makes it faster to display local records.
- Improvement: Refactor the local record code.
- Feature: Add Live Rankings app (beta). Add it to your apps.py!
- Feature: Add chat announce limit in local and dedi records.
- Improvement: Autosave matchsettings on insertion of map.
- Improvement: Hide dedimania widget on downtime.
- Improvement: Better error handling in dedimania app.
- Bugfix: Fixing issue with displaying WhoKarma list.
- Bugfix: Fixing path issues in MX app.
- Feature: Improved performance with the all new Performance Mode. This will improve performance for a player threshold that is freely configurable.
- Feature: Technical: Add option to strip styles/colors from searchable column in listviews.
- Feature: Technical: Add shortcut to get an app setting from global setting manager.
- Improvement: Improve log color for readability.
- Bugfix: Fixing issue with integer or other numeric values and the value 0 in the //settings values.
- Bugfix: Replace invalid UTF-8 from the dedicated response to hotfix (dirty fix) the bug in client with dedicated communication.
- Feature: New app: Transactions: Features donations and payments to players as the actual planets stats. Activate the app now in your apps.py!!
- Feature: Map info shows nickname of author if the author nickname is known.
- Feature: /list [search] directly searching in map list.
- Feature: Implement //modesettings to show and change settings of the current mode script.
- Feature: Restrict karma voting to count after the player finishes the map for X times (optional).
- Feature: Apply the performance mode improvements to the local and dedimania records widgets.
- Feature: Add command to restart PyPlanet pool process. //reboot
- Improvement: Changed dedimania record text chat color.
- Improvement: Changed welcome player nickname default color (white).
- Improvement: Reduced length of record chat messages.
- Improvement: Add player level name to the join/leave messages.
- Bugfix: Jukebox current map gives errors and exceptions.
- Bugfix: Ignore color and style codes inside /list searching.
- Bugfix: Some small improvements on widgets (black window behind local/dedi removed and more transparent)
- Bugfix: Fixing several issues related to the connection and parsing of the payload.
- Bugfix: Fixing issue with the BeginMatch callback.
- Bugfix: Change issues related to the utf8mb4 unicode collate (max index lengths).
- Bugfix: Fixing several issues with the dedimania app.
- Bugfix: Fixing issue with local and dedimania records being saved double (2 records for 1 player). (#157).
- Bugfix: Fixing several exception handling in dedimania app.
- Bugfix: Filter out XML parse error of Dedicated Server (#121).
- Bugfix: Give copy of connected players instead of a reference to prevent change of list when looping (#117).
- Bugfix: Fixing issue when player rapidly connects and disconnects, giving error (#126 & #116).
- Bugfix Karma: Fixing whokarma list not displaying due to error (#122 & #118).
- Bugfix Dedimania: Reconnection issues (#130).
- Improvement Local Records: Improve performance on sending information (chat message) on large servers. (#139).
- Improvement Dedimania Records: Improve performance on sending information (chat message) on large servers. (#139).
- Improvement Dedimania Records: Improve the error reporting and implement shorter timeout + retry procedure (#139).
- Add new fields to the
- Refresh the
gameinfos every minute.
- NEW: Dedimania App: Adding dedimania integration and widget.
- Bugfix Local Records: Widget showing wrong offset of records. (Not showing own record if just in the first part of >5 recs) (#107).
- Bugfix Local Records: Widget not updating when map changed. Login not found exception. (#106).
- First implementation of the core.
- First implementation of the CLI tool.
- Feature: Basic map functions: skip / restart / add local / remove / erase / writemaplist
- Feature: Basic player functions: ignore / kick / ban / blacklist
- Feature: Basic server functions: set passwords (play / spectator)
Map list + jukebox pyplanet.apps.contrib.jukebox
- Feature: Display maplist with maps currently on the server
- Feature: Basic jukebox functions: list / drop / add / clear (admin-only)
Map karma pyplanet.apps.contrib.karma
- Feature: Basic map karma (++ / –)
- Feature: Display who voted what (whokarma)
Local records pyplanet.apps.contrib.local_records
- Feature: Saving local records
- Feature: Display current first/personal record on map begin (in chat)
- Feature: Display list of records
- Feature: Add join/leave messages.
- Feature: Add MX maps (//add mx [id(s]).
- Feature: Implement MX API Client.